There are two fundamental doctrines every Catholic needs to understand; the Trinity and the Incarnation. Today, I share a fun RCIA talk that I recently gave to help you understand the very identity of God. I delve into salvation history in Scripture to demonstrate how the incarnation shows us the eternal self-giving love of the Trinity.
Snippet from the Show
The mystery of the Incarnation points us to the eternal self-giving love of the Trinity.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.”John 1:1-3
- In John 1:1-3, John the disciple is referencing the creation story in Genesis and equating Jesus Christ with God, prefacing the divinity of Jesus Christ.
- The Trinity reveals that God is not alone. God has one divine nature but he is three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. God exists as a communion of love. The Father loves the Son, the Son receives the love from the Father, and the Holy Spirit is the bond between the Father and the Son.
- The Incarnation reveals that Jesus Christ is the second person of the Trinity, he is the Word made flesh (logos) through which God made all things. In Genesis we see that God specifically created through his Word ( “And God said, ‘Let there be light’; and there was light”- Genesis 1:6) . Jesus has a full human nature and a full divine nature.
- God is three persons because He is love, and love always needs an object to love. Love always includes the lover, the beloved and the love between them.
- Through Jesus Christ we are saved and brought back into communion with the Trinity.
- God chose to create us, he did not need creation but freely chose to create out of sheer love. The act of creation is a pure gift.
- The virtues found in the human community are first found the Divine community- the Trinity.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list!
- Visit Dave’s website at www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Fulfilled: Uncovering the Biblical Foundations of Catholicism
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Mike is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.