Have you ever sought to disciple someone in your life? Today, Jeff shares his powerful experience of being discipled by two friends who helped him deepen his relationship with Christ. We learn the six things his friends did that truly made a big difference in Jeff’s life.
Snippet of the Show
“Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.”– Matthew 4:18
Living as a Disciple
“As he walked by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is called Peter and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Immediately they left their nets and followed him. And going on from there he saw two other brothers, James the son of Zeb′edee and John his brother, in the boat with Zeb′edee their father, mending their nets, and he called them. Immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed him.” – Matthew 4:18-22
How Pete and Michael Discipled Me
- They followed up after meeting me
- They invited me to pray with them regularly
- They invited me to follow them
- They continually encouraged me
- They invited me to study the scriptures with them
- They never criticized where I was coming from
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list
- Visit Jeff’s website at www.jeffcavins.com
- Listen to the Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)
- Pilgrimages with Jeff
- The Activated Disciple: Taking Your Faith to the Next Level by Jeff Cavins
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.