Theology of the Body teaches the positive and beautiful message of sexuality within the context of human and divine love. How do we communicate this good news to our children? How do we reject and avoid the pornographic culture while not instilling fear of sexuality or hatred of the body? And what is chastity, really? Mike Gormley and Dave VanVickle answer these questions and more.
Snippet from the Show
Protecting our children’s innocence is not the same as keeping them naive.
Points to Leave You With
- Fall in love with your spouse all over again. Do the hard work of that reciprocity of love.
- The best form of marital catechesis that you can give is a marriage lived well. Your kids need to see that you are a priority in each other’s lives.
- We can often understand that our catechesis on chastity comes from a place of fear. You don’t want to do that. Scale back from fear and look for the bigger “Yes.” Share the bigger, broader view of love.
- Chastity is not something I have that I can lose. Chastity is a virtue that I need to acquire by specific, deliberate, and repeated effort. The goal is to have that self-discipline we need in particular situations
- Always catechize your children on the Church’s sexual teaching in an age appropriate manner. Safeguard and protect their innocence.
Think and pray about how you want to share the theology of the body with your children. Think through your own experiences of learning about sexuality and chastity. What do you want to replicate and what do you want to avoid?
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to the Every Knee Shall Bow email list.
- Visit Dave’s website www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael spent 17 years in full-time parish ministry and is now the Mission Evangelist for That Man Is You!, a men’s apostolate for Paradisus Dei. Michael is a frequent speaker at conferences, retreats, and parish missions all over the US and Canada.
He is the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and hosts two popular Catholic podcasts: Catching Foxes and Every Knee Shall Bow.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and has four beautiful and hilarious children: Kateri, Cecilia, Noah, and Thomas.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave married his late wife Amber in 2010. He now resides in Pittsburgh with his five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.