Thanksgiving is here, are you ready to navigate faith conversations with your family? Today, Dave “The Turkey”and I give you some quick evangelization pointers so you can navigate faith conversations smoothly and lovingly with your relatives.
Snippet from the Show
“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”- Mark 12:31
- Don’t try to evangelize someone in one sitting. Don’t make it seem like you are desperate to advance your agenda.
- Establish trust and build bridges. Surrender the conversation and individuals you are trying to reach to God. Make sure you prioritize building the relationship rather than winning arguments. Love your neighbor as yourself!
- Ask intentional questions and listen. Stay away from inflammatory statements. Ask people what they care about. Make sure you show them that you genuinely care about them even though they may not agree with you. Keep the lines of communication open!
- Make notes and follow-up so that next time you talk to them you can bring up things they talked about earlier. This shows that you were listening to their story and authentically care about what they shared with you.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website at www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Michael is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
Dave is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.