What does it mean to radiate Christ and how do you do it? Dr. Edward Sri shares what is most essential in order to radiate Christ: personal prayer. He explains how some of the most important things in our lives are affected by whether or not we have a personal prayer life.
Snippet from the Show
The people around us are depending on us to have a daily prayer life.
Quotation from Mother Teresa
Shine through us, and be so in us, that every soul we come in contact with may feel your presence in our soul. Let them look up and see no longer us but only Jesus.
Quotation from John of the Cross
Let those who go bustling about, who think they can transform the world with their exterior works and preaching, take note that they would profit the Church more and be far more pleasing to God … if they spent half as much time abiding with God in prayer. … Certainly, they would accomplish more and with less toil with one work than they would now with a thousand works thanks to their prayers and the increased spiritual strength from which they would benefit. Otherwise, their lives would be reduced to making a lot of noise and accomplishing little more than nothing, if not nothing at all, or indeed at times even doing harm. May God forbid that the salt should begin to lose its taste, since, even if it seems to produce some effect, in reality it would be good for nothing for it is certain that good works cannot be accomplished save with the grace of God.
Upcoming Events with Dr. Sri
- Jun 9-10: Diocese of Marquette Eucharistic Congress – Marquette MI
- Jun 23-July 1: Rome Pilgrimage
- July 26-27: Applied Biblical Studies Conference – Steubenville OH
- July 26-28: Defending the Faith conference – Steubenville OH
- Aug 19-20: Fullness of Truth Family Conference – San Antonio TX
- Aug 25-26 – Catholic Men’s conference – Beaumont TX
- Oct 13-15 – Leaders Conference – Malta
- Nov 12-20 – Holy Land Pilgrimage
- Dec 8-10 – Immaculate Conceptions Men’s Retreat – Malvern PA
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.