What does it mean to live like Jesus? What does it mean to love as he loved? The answer can be found in the beatitudes. In this special episode, on location in the Holy Land, Dr. Sri examines the story of Jesus sharing the beatitudes. He explains the context of the story and what it teaches us about how we are meant to live our lives.
Snippet from the Show
You will be a light to the world by imitating the radical love of Jesus.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven.
Upcoming Events with Dr. Sri
- Feb 10-11: Diocese of Little Rock Men’s Conference – Little Rock, AR
- Feb 17-18: St. Mary Magdalene Church – Simpsonville, SC
- Mar 2-3: St. Michael Parish Mission – North Andover, MA
- Mar 3-4: Diocese of Springfield Catholic Life Eucharistic Conference – Springfield, MA
- Mar 16: Faith & Wine – Ft. Myers, FL
- Mar 17-18: Catholic Men’s Conference @ St. Robert Parish – Grand Rapids, MI
- Mar 22-23: St. Michael Parish Mission – Prior Lake, MN
- Mar 24-25: Archdiocesan Men’s Conference – Dubuque, IA
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.