Is Mass simply an opportunity to come together as a community? Is music the focus of Mass? While those things are good and important, the purpose of Mass is even greater. Dr. Edward Sri discusses the significance of the Mass and its ancient roots that go far back into the Old Testament.
Snippet from the Show
There is nothing more fulfilling than worshiping God.
How to Attend Mass
Take time to quiet down. Whether you are attending Mass alone or with your family, try to create a quiet atmosphere in the time before Mass. While driving to the church, you could listen to the readings or have someone in the car read them aloud. It is also incredibly helpful to arrive early for Mass and have time to settle in and pray.
Maintaining reverence in Mass can be difficult with young children, but it is a goal we should all strive for. Reverence is acknowledging something bigger than ourselves: God. We must recall that when we go to Mass, we are entering the sanctuary, the holy of holies.
- Love Jesus in the Sacred Rites
Sometimes, our focus at Mass can turn from Jesus and instead go to the music, the homily, the architecture, or fellowship. While these things are important, it is most important that our focus remains on Jesus.
Dr. Edward Sri provides an easy-to-read overview of Catholic teaching on the Eucharist, taking readers through its key aspects in a simple and inspiring manner. Find out more here!
Upcoming Events with Dr. Sri
- Nov 12-20 – Holy Land Pilgrimage
- Dec 6-7 – Immaculate Conception Parish – Columbus OH
- Dec 8-10 – Immaculate Conceptions Men’s Retreat – Malvern PA
- Jan 1-5 – SEEK Conference, St. Louis MO
- Jan 12-13 – Diocese of Evansville Eucharistic Congress – Evansville IN
- Jan 18-28 – Holy Land Pilgrimage
- Feb 15 – St. Rita Parish Mission – Wellington FL
- Feb 16-17 – Archdiocese of St. Louis Men’s Conference – St. Louis MO
- Feb 21 – St. Anna’s Catholic Church – Parish Lenten Mission – Monroe GA
- Feb 22 – Holy Trinity Catholic Church – Parish Lenten Mission – Peachtree City GA
- Mar 1-2 – Annual Diocesan Conference – Laredo TX
- Mar 8-9 – Catholic Men’s Conference of Maryland – Baltimore MD
- Mar 13-14 – St. Michael Catholic Church Parish Mission – St. Michael MN
- Mar 15 – Bishop Lucker Lecture for Diocese of New Ulm – Redwood Falls MN
- Mar 20-21 – St. Louis Catholic Church Parish Mission – Miami FL
- Apr 5-6 – Diocese of Charleston Eucharistic Congress – Columbia SC
- Apr 19-20 – Diocesan Eucharistic Congress – Altoona-Johnstown PA
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email email@example.com
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.