Are you in a funk? Let’s get you out of it!
We all get in a bad mood sometimes, but it’s important to recognize that our feelings are not meant to be a weapon we use to punish other people in our lives. YOU are in charge of the mood you are in. If you are feeling down or angry or frustrated, there are positive things you can do to shift your perspective and change your mood. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1) Exercise – Get those feel-good endorphins running through your veins!
2) Help someone – Sometimes we get down because we are too focused on ourselves and our own petty problems. Look for ways to see someone else’s needs and meet them.
3) Connect – Find someone to hug or snuggle with. Physical connection will boost your mood!
4) Laugh – Call a friend who makes you laugh, or watch a movie or a show that cracks you up.
5) Pray – Bring your bad feelings to God. I promise you, he can handle them!
6) Sleep – Sleep is an important factor in how you feel every minute of every day. Make sure you are getting the rest you need, even if it means sacrificing other things sometimes.
I also share some feedback about prayer excuses from listener Theresa who discusses how prayer journaling helps keep her focused.
Check out the Catholic Momcast featuring Lisa Hendey and me, available on iTunes!
Some Places I Will Be
July 31-August 1, 2018: Catholic Marketing Network, Lancaster, PA
September 9-11, 2018: St. Laurence Parish, Sugarland, TX
Girlfriends is on Patreon! Thank you to our Patreon supporters! Find out how you can pledge your support for Girlfriends and get an invite to our Girlfriends LIVE session each month!
The You’re Worth It! Retreat for Women
Find out more about bringing this unique event for women to your parish, group, or community. Read more and request more information here.
Or find out more about having me come speak at your parish or conference.
My newest book is available!
You’re Worth It! Change How You Feel About Yourself By Discovering How Jesus Feels About You
Subscribe to Girlfriends in iTunes
Subscribe to Girlfriends in Stitcher
Email Danielle Bean
Rate and Review Girlfriends in iTunes