What is the role of parents in the faith formation of their kids? Dave ” I Am the Weapon” VanVickle and I share five critical questions parents must answer when it comes to forming their kids them into lifelong disciples of Christ.
Snippet from the Show
Do you personally model the type of Catholic you want your child to be? Don’t just tell them about God, show them what it looks like to follow Christ.
- Is your goal to raise a strong, holy Catholic adult?
- Do you personally model the type of Catholic you want your child to be?
- Do you have frequent unscripted relaxed conversations with your children about God, faith, Christ, Mass, Scripture, personal prayer, etc.?
- Do you live by clear standards and set these standards for your family?
- Are you ready to train your child?
Looking back at your years of being a parent and see a change in your child based on the training you’ve given your kids?
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Michael is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
Dave is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.