Do you have a passion? Most of us have something we are passionate about. But how often do you think about how to use that passion for God’s glory or in service to the Church? Today, Jeff talks about how we can use our passions to glorify God and serve others.
Snippet from the Show
God wants to work through our passions. He wants to use our passions to serve others and to glorify him.
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Passion vs. Romantic Notion
1. Romantic notion stirs interest in something; writing, math, sports, art, physics, etc. You can see yourself doing it, or you have seen someone else who is passionate about it, and your curiosity peeks.
2. Passion has already experienced the romantic notion in some way and has now started to act on it. Passion grabs your heart and occupies your time, money, and relationships.
3. You will not find your passion and develop it as long as you are captivated by your phone and senseless data! I promise because you need time to grow and hone your passion!
Once you discover what you are passionate about, there are two things you can do at the same time.
1. Hone your passion. Read about it, experience it, hang around people who share your passion, and most importantly, do it. But do all of this in balance with your vocation. If you are married and have children, there is no passion worth losing your marriage and family. You will enjoy your passion when it’s balanced with other important areas of life, like God and family.
2. Commit your passion to the Lord and begin to ask how your passion might glorify God and contribute to the body of Christ.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list
- Visit Jeff’s website at www.jeffcavins.com
- The Great Adventure Bible
- Listen to The Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)
- Pilgrimages with Jeff
- Jeff’s Daily Gospel Reflections with Jonathan Roumie: www.hallow.com/jeffcavins
Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.