What is the crux of our faith? Pulling from Paul’s Letter to the Corinthians, Jeff shares how the resurrection is the center of our faith and how to understand it better. He also offers encouragement for each of us to prepare for our own death and resurrection.
Snippet from the Show
All of your hope and faithfulness have meaning because of the resurrection.
Division of Paul’s Letter to the Corinthians by Chapter
- 1-4: Divisions Among Believers
- 5-7: Sexual Immorality
- 8-10: Meat Sacrificed to Idols
- 11-14: Proper Worship & Love
- 15-16: Resurrection
The Structure of Paul’s Argument
- Verses 1-11: The Kerygma proclaims the resurrection of Christ.
- Verses 12-19: Denial of the resurrection of the dead negates the Gospel.
- Verses 20-28: Because Christ has been raised, all who belong to him will be raised.
- Verses 29-34: Without the resurrection, hope, suffering, and faithfulness are pointless.
- Verses 35-58: Resurrection means the transformation of the body.
- Verses 35-49: What kind of body is the resurrection body?
- Verses 50-57: Both the dead and the living will be transformed.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list
- Visit Jeff’s website at www.jeffcavins.com
- The Great Adventure Bible
- Listen to The Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)
- Pilgrimages with Jeff
- Jeff’s Daily Gospel Reflections with Jonathan Roumie: www.hallow.com/jeffcavins
Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.