Offer it up! Carry your cross! These aren’t bad things to do, but our response to suffering can be even greater. There is so much that can come from our suffering, from bearing our crosses. Dr. Sri describes what fruit can come from not just bearing our crosses, but embracing them.
Snippet from the Show
In your suffering, do not miss the opportunity to encounter God and experience his deep healing.
Join Dr. Edward and Beth Sri for a marriage retreat in Wichita, KS!
You can find out more and buy The Good, the Messy, and the Beautiful: The Joys and Struggles of Real Married Life book HERE!
How Is God Glorified in My Suffering?
When we suffer, when something we care about is taken away or destroyed, it is not the destruction in and of itself that glorifies God. God can be glorified by what is changed in us. Perhaps, the suffering you are experiencing is causing some sort of change within you. Maybe it is making you less prideful or it is requiring you to relinquish control. God is glorified when we become more holy.
“The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord!” Job 1:21
Learn more about Souls & Hearts with Dr. Peter Malinoski HERE
From the Souls & Hearts website:
“We provide faithful Catholics with guided, customized programs designed to remove psychological obstacles to giving and receiving love from God and neighbor.”
Upcoming Events with Dr. Sri
- Mar 16: Faith & Wine – Ft. Myers, FL
- Mar 17-18: Catholic Men’s Conference @ St. Robert Parish – Grand Rapids, MI
- Mar 22-23: St. Michael Parish Mission – Prior Lake, MN
- Mar 24-25: Archdiocesan Men’s Conference – Dubuque, IA
- Apr 13: Legatus – Denver, CO
- Apr 15: Diocese of Wichita – Couples Retreat – Wichita, KS
- Apr 19-20: St. Paul Center Priest Conference – Lakeway, TX
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email email@example.com
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.