Dave “The Vengeance” VanVickle and I are geeking out today, because we’re talking to Dr. Scott Hahn—yes, that Dr. Scott Hahn.
We talk about how the early Church evangelized people (it wasn’t just, “hey, meet my friend, Jesus”), what a real relationship with Jesus Christ looks like, and the pivotal role of families and small communities.
Just a warning, the audio quality of this interview isn’t the best, but the content is, so we just had to share it.
Snippet from the Show
“When we say, ‘a personal relationship with Jesus Christ’, we don’t mean a privatized relationship—it’s a kingdom relationship.”
Revelation 2:4 – “But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.”
5 Practical Tips
- To the DREs: Strengthen your relationship with Christ so you may lead others to him.
St. Josemaria Escriva (paraphrased) – “We’re not just out to reach them, we are them, and we need Christ to reach us.”
- To priests: Allow God to father you, and allow Christ to transform you into a saint.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Gomer and Dave’s email list!
- The Bible and The Church Fathers by Scott Hahn
- Radical Communities: Don’t Walk Alone by Michael Gormley
- St. Paul Center
- Hope to Die: The Christian Meaning of Death and the Resurrection of the Body by Scott Hahn and Emily Stimpson Chapman