Do you want to live your faith as a true disciple? St. Paul desired that his student St. Timothy know and live the faith. However, he also desired for St. Timothy to pass on the faith effectively. Do you pass on the faith effectively? Dr. Edward Sri discusses the importance of passing on the faith and how to do it effectively.
Snippet from the Show
We should always be on the lookout for opportunities to share our faith.
2 Timothy 2:2
And what you heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will have the ability to teach others as well.
Dead Sea vs. Sea of Galilee
The Sea of Galilee is beautiful, vibrant, and full of life. It is a central location that is surrounded by communities and towns. The Sea of Galilee is fed by rivers from the mountains and then it disperses water south to the Dead Sea.
The Dead Sea is very different. It is dead, barren, and surrounded by wasteland. The Dead Sea has no outlet. Where the Sea of Galilee has fish and vegetation, the Dead Sea has nothing. You would not even want to drink water from the Dead Sea.
Faith and Family Life
Parents are the primary formators of their children. Youth Groups and education can be very instrumental in children’s faith lives. However, the most important source is their parents. It is also important that we are witnesses of Christ’s love to our family members (siblings, parents, children, extended family). We need to pray for our family members’ conversions.
Faith and Parish Life
Unfortunately, at a lot of parishes the focus falls on programs, events, and number of attendees. In reality, the true sign of “success” is how many of the people attending events or participating in programs are then going out and evangelizing others. The true sign of “success” is the forming of disciples who go out and form more disciples.
Faith and Your Life
Do you share the faith with others? Are you the Sea of Galilee where water flows in and then out? Or are you like the Dead Sea where all you do is receive? Yes, we need to be fed. We need to receive the sacraments and grow closer to God. But then, we must take the graces we have received and go out and share the faith with others.
Additionally, we must form and inspire others to lead. When we share the faith with others, our goal ought not to be that they follow us forever. We want those people to also go out and share the faith.
To learn more about going on pilgrimage to Rome with Dr. Sri, email him at email@example.com.
Upcoming Events with Dr. Sri
- Jan 31: St. Thomas More Parish Marriage Talk – Centennial CO
- Feb 9-10: St. Vincent de Paul Parish Renewal Weekend – Austin TX
- Feb 15: St. Rita Parish Mission – Wellington FL
- Feb 16-17: Archdiocese of St. Louis Men’s Conference – St. Louis MO
- Feb 21: St. Anna’s Catholic Church – Parish Lenten Mission – Monroe GA
- Feb 22: Holy Trinity Catholic Church – Parish Lenten Mission – Peachtree City GA
- Mar 1-2: Annual Diocesan Conference – Laredo TX
- Mar 8-9: Catholic Men’s Conference of Maryland – Baltimore MD
- Mar 13-14: St. Michael Catholic Church Parish Mission – St. Michael MN
- Mar 15: Bishop Lucker Lecture for Diocese of New Ulm – Redwood Falls MN
- Mar 20-21: St. Louis Catholic Church Parish Mission – Miami FL
- Apr 5-6: Diocese of Charleston Eucharistic Congress – Columbia SC
- Apr 19-20: Diocesan Eucharistic Congress – Altoona-Johnstown PA
- June 20-23: St. Patrick Catholic Church – Summer Summit – London, England
- June 23-July 1: Rome Pilgrimage
- July 19-20: 2024 National Eucharistic Congress – Indianapolis IN
- Aug 10: Discipleship Conference – Oklahoma City OK
- Aug 23-24: Diocesan Faith Formation Conference – Tulsa OK
- Sept 21: 2024 Annual Meeting and Investiture of the Northern Lieutenancy of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem – Denver CO
- Oct 3: Diocese of Harrisburg Annual Priest Workshop – Hunt Valley MD
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.