Dave “Can’t Spare a Square” VanVickle joins me today, as well as our illustrious producer, Marisa Beyer, to talk about life as a Catholic during these crazy COVID-19 times. We reflect on the Catholic response we’re seeing so far, share ideas for making your home the domestic church, and round things out with a special Coronavirus edition of the 5 Practical Takeaways.
Snippet from the Show
“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
Visit Gomer’s website and keep an eye out for upcoming online glorify events, videos, and catechesis on Facebook and Youtube
Click here to watch live streamed adoration!
Tips for Living This Lent within the Domestic Church
We don’t know how long this will last, so it’s important to make a coronavirus rule of life…
- Get away from screens and spend time with your family and friends (If they are where you are)
- Don’t fear being alone; take advantage of the time for quiet prayer
- Invest in your own unique spiritual poverty through fasting and offering up your sacrifices during this time
Sister Mary Catharine Perry – “People say they want peace and quiet. Then when it is thrown in their lap, they panic. They don’t know how to be alone.”
5 Practical Takeaways
- Pick up a daily devotional (check out Magnificat’s offer for free digital access!)
- Faith Formation: get an online version of Pope Benedict’s Jesus of Nazareth
- Practice Spiritual Communion
“My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.”
- Shoot an email to your local pastor or parish office and ask if they have any needs during this time
- Do a daily examination of conscience
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Gomer and Dave’s email list!
- Visit Ascension’s Facebook page
- Read the rest of Sister Mary Catharine Perry’s article on social distancing
- The Great Adventure Catholic Bible from Jeff Cavins