Reaching out to adults looking to convert to Catholicism and guiding them through RCIA is a key part of parish ministry. Today, Dave “Not a Mouth Breather” VanVickle and I discuss different ways to run an RCIA program at a parish and offer helpful tips in preparing adults to enter the Catholic Church.
Snippet from the Show
Converting to Catholicism is a journey that must accompanied by the lives of the saints, community life, prayer and theology.
RCIA Core Themes:
It is important for RCIA candidates to understand these four key themes:
- Church Authority
- Do an audit of your parish/program website to make sure it’s easy to navigate for people looking to convert to Catholicism. Make sure you provide helpful information and resources for non-Catholics.
- Weave in Catholic culture in your RCIA program. Include the saints, devotions, and prayer.
- Don’t be afraid to ask hard questions in a loving manner as you guide RCIA candidates.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website at www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Catechist’s Field Guide to Confirmation
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael spent 17 years in full-time parish ministry and is now the Mission Evangelist for That Man Is You!, a men’s apostolate for Paradisus Dei. Michael is a frequent speaker at conferences, retreats, and parish missions all over the US and Canada.
He is the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and hosts two popular Catholic podcasts: Catching Foxes and Every Knee Shall Bow.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and has four beautiful and hilarious children: Kateri, Cecilia, Noah, and Thomas.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave married his late wife Amber in 2010. He now resides in Pittsburgh with his five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.