Reaching out to adults looking to convert to Catholicism and guiding them through RCIA is a key part of parish ministry. Today, Dave “Not a Mouth Breather” VanVickle and I discuss different ways to run an RCIA program at a parish and offer helpful tips in preparing adults to enter the Catholic Church.
Snippet from the Show
Converting to Catholicism is a journey that must accompanied by the lives of the saints, community life, prayer and theology.
RCIA Core Themes:
It is important for RCIA candidates to understand these four key themes:
- Church Authority
- Do an audit of your parish/program website to make sure it’s easy to navigate for people looking to convert to Catholicism. Make sure you provide helpful information and resources for non-Catholics.
- Weave in Catholic culture in your RCIA program. Include the saints, devotions, and prayer.
- Don’t be afraid to ask hard questions in a loving manner as you guide RCIA candidates.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Visit Dave’s website at www.thecatholictruthaboutangelsanddemons.com and www.artofevangelization.com
- Visit Mike’s website at www.layevangelist.com
- Catechist’s Field Guide to Confirmation
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Michael is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
Dave is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.