What do you think are some of the big reasons for people’s unhappiness? In this episode, Jeff walks through a series of questions to help you discover what is most important to you and help you discover one of the main sources of happiness in life.
Snippet from the Show
Good relationships keep us happier and healthier.
Below are questions from an exercise from Charles Schultz to help you narrow down what is most important to you.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last ten years of World Series winners.
Second Set of Questions
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
Friendship in Scripture
1. Pr 17:9 “Whoever overlooks an offense fosters friendship, but whoever gossips about it separates friends.”
2. Pr 17:17 “A friend is a friend at all times.”
3. Pr 13:20 “The one who walks with the wise becomes wise.”
4. Pr 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.”
5. Pr 14:7 “Stay away from a fool, for you will not find knowledge on his lips.”
6. Pr 22:24-25 “Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person…you will become ensnared”
7. Pr 23:20-21 “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat. They will come to poverty.”
8. Pr 27:5-6 “Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.”
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list
- Visit Jeff’s website at www.jeffcavins.com
- The Great Adventure Bible
- Listen to The Bible in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz)
- Pilgrimages with Jeff
- Jeff’s Daily Gospel Reflections with Jonathan Roumie: www.hallow.com/jeffcavins
Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings.
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.