Mike and Dave answer your questions about how to get programs going at your parish, how to share the gospel with fallen-away family members, and how to invest in Catholic evangelism as well as catechesis when funds are short.
Snippet from the Show
“You have a mission as a layperson … To not proclaim Jesus Christ and just wait for a priest to do it is a fundamental corruption to your baptismal dignity. Christ is inviting you on this mission. You don’t need anyone else’s permission.”
- “My priest isn’t into evangelization, what do I do?”
- “I have three children, none are truly evangelized, except my oldest daughter who is now evangelical, but ‘at least she has Jesus.’”
- “I am a DRE who got caught up in the catechesis game. I now want to invest in evangelism, but am at a poor parish.”
- Christifideles Laici, Chapter 3
- The Great Adventure Bible Studies
- No Greater Love by Edward Sri
- The Life of Christ by Rev. Fulton Sheen
- To Know Christ Jesus by Frank Sheed
- Radical Communities by Michael Gormley
- Redeemer of Man by Pope St. John Paul II
- Catechesi Tradendae, 19-20
5 Practical Tips:
- Kerygma: Refresh yourself on what the kerygma is and isn’t.
- Community: Meet up for Eucharistic Adoration and drinks.
- Reading: Jesus Shock by Peter Kreeft.
- Intercession: Pray a decade of the Rosary every day for clergy who need conversion.
- Lent: Don’t let Lent pass you by, be intentional! Prayerfully consider what God wants from you this Lent. Take an hour and figure it out.
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
He is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon. Together they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
David “Dave” VanVickle
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen. Since then, he has dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader. His programs focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.