There are a lot of you out there who haven’t had a chance to learn about Saint Pope John Paul II’s Theology of the Body, or you’ve heard about it, but you’re not sure how it can help you in your ministry. So, we decided to do a show about it, and we invited Jason Evert, an expert on the topic, to join us. In this interview with Jason, he’s going to explain how the TOB is a roadmap we can use to help people discover their purpose in a society that is very confused.
- Tom: Jason, In a nutshell, what is TOB? (5:00)
- Colin: Is the Theology of the Body still relevant? (8:45)
- Colin: How can the youth catechist incorporate TOB into teen formation? (11:00)
- Colin: What can we gain from John Paull II’s methodology when developing an approach to youth ministry? (14:00)
- Allen: I’ve found that it’s most common to hear this teaching on human sexuality applied in youth ministry. Is TOB just for teens? Can the adult catechist incorporate TOB into adult faith formation? (16:11)
- Tom- What is chastity?
- Tom- How can we explain to couples what it means to live chastely within their marriage? (23:00)
- Tom- What does it really mean, then, for a married couple to say they have “a good sex life?” (26:50)
- Colin: In presenting a catechesis on the human person and human sexuality the topic of homosexuality is so often a “John 6:66 moment” when many leave and return to their former way of living. Maybe that is somewhat inevitable, but how do you think it is possible to reach larger audiences with the authentic truth on this topic? (31:15)
- Colin: How can we make progress, in our dioceses, parishes, school and beyond in genuine outreach to those with same-sex attraction? (36:50)
Check out and support Jason and Crystalina Evert’s Chastity Project!
Find out more about YOU: Life, Love, and the Theology of the Body, the innovative program for teens that Jason developed with Ascension.
We’d Love to Hear from You
Do you have comments, questions, or topic suggestions for the Ascension Roundtable hosts? Use the comment box below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may hear your question or comment in an upcoming podcast episode!
Listen and subscribe:
iTunes | Stitcher | Soundcloud | Google Play