Victims of sexual abuse often feel overwhelmed with intense feelings of worthlessness, despair, and loneliness. Many times it’s hard for them to even consider sharing what happened and how they feel. Today, Joann shares her childhood sexual abuse story, from the deep wounds of abuse, to finding peace, hope, and healing in Jesus. In this episode, you will learn what to look for and how to help those around you who may have been afflicted without you even knowing.
If you have experienced child abuse, know that you are not alone, and there is hope and healing to be found in Jesus. We are praying for you!
Would you like to contact Joann? You can email her at email@example.com.
Resources Recommended by Joann to Aid in Healing:
- Life of the Beloved by Henri Nouwen
- Loved as I Am by Miriam James Heidland, S.O.L.T.
- The Sexual Healing Journey: A Guide for Survivors of Sexual Abuse by Wendy Matz
- Living in the Father’s Love by Walking With Purpose (Lisa Brenninkmeyer & Ruth Popp)
- Be Healed by Dr. Bob Schuchts
- Be Transformed by Dr. Bob Schuchts
- Healing the Whole Person retreat JPII Healing Center
We’d Love to Hear from You
Do you have comments, questions, or topic suggestions for the Ascension Roundtable hosts? Use the comment box below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may hear your question or comment in an upcoming podcast episode!
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.