Today I’m speaking with Fr. Gregory Pine, the Assistant Director for Campus Outreach at the Thomistic Institute. We mix apologetics, intellectual formation, campus ministry, and morality, with a sprinkle of Aquinas on top.
Born and raised near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Fr. Gregory attended Franciscan University of Steubenville, and entered the Order of Preachers in 2010. He was ordained a priest in 2016 and has a licentiate in sacred theology from the Dominican House of Studies.
Snippet from the Show
“What we’re experiencing in the last five years as concerns same sex attraction and transgenderism has a lot of people afraid. We’re nervous that if we were to treat those issues, we would be genuinely persecuted.”
1 Timothy 2:4 – “who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
Catechesi Tradendae, Apostolic Exhortation of Pope St. John Paul II – “But in catechetical practice, this model order must allow for the fact that the initial evangelization has often not taken place. A certain number of children baptized in infancy come for catechesis in the parish without receiving any other initiation into the faith and still without any explicit personal attachment to Jesus Christ; they only have the capacity to believe placed within them by Baptism and the presence of the Holy Spirit; and opposition is quickly created by the prejudices of their non-Christian family background or of the positivist spirit of their education.”
Frank Sheed – “It’s the union of man with God and Christ Jesus.”
Hebrews 11:6 – “For whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.”
5 Practical Takeaways
- Add a section at the end of your respective catechesis class that reconnects to the Trinity and Incarnation.
- Reach out to someone in your parish who was in RCIA last year.
- Study the Trinity through Aquinas 101.
- Spend five minutes in prayer saying the Holy Name of Jesus.
- Read The Divine Romance by Fulton Sheen.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Gomer and Dave’s email list!
- Learn more about The Thomistic Institute and Aquinas 101
- Dominican Friars Province of St. Joseph
- Godsplaining Podcast
- Pray, Decide, and Don’t Worry: Five Steps to Discerning God’s Will
- Chastity Is for Lovers: Single, Happy, and (Still) a Virgin by Arleen Spenceley
- Apostolic Exhortation Catechesi Tradendae (On Catechesis In Our Time) of Pope John Paul II.
- Veritatis Splendor of Pope John Paul II
- The Activated Disciple: Taking Your Faith to the Next Level by Jeff Cavins