Father Josh shares a message of hope and perseverance for these escalating times of COVID-19. He reminds us how to pray Lectio Divina, modeling this spiritual exercise as he reflects on the way the apostle John responded when Jesus was taken away from him.
- Read. What does the text say in and of itself?
- Meditate. What does the text say to me?
- Pray. Having a conversation with Jesus about what the text says to me.
- Contemplate. Sitting in the presence of Jesus.
- Resolution. Concrete action based on my time reading, meditating, praying, and contemplating.
Matthew 9:14-15 – Then the disciples of John came to him, saying, “Why do we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not fast?” And Jesus said to them, “Can the wedding guests mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? The days will come, when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast.
- Pocket Guide to Adoration by Fr. Josh Johnson
- Email your questions about Lent and other topics and feedback to Fr. Josh at email@example.com
- Text “askfrjosh” to 33-777 to subscribe to Fr. Josh’s shownotes
- Broken and Blessed by Fr. Josh Johnson
- How to Pray Like Mary by Sonja Corbitt
- The Great Adventure Bible
- Previous Episode: Be My Guest: Fr. Paul Gros on OCD, Anxiety, and Therapy