It is easy to get worn out when you work for the Kingdom of God. Today, Dave VanVickle shares a word of encouragement for all who feel weary and tired laboring for the Lord. Dave gives us practical advice to find rest when evangelization gets hard and tiring.
Snippet From the Show
When you feel overwhelmed by the weight of sin in the world, root yourself deeply in the peace of Christ and let him give you rest.
Working for the Kingdom of God can be challenging and exhausting at times. It’s important to identify the reasons behind our exhaustion and find rest in Christ in order to keep journeying and bringing the Gospel to those around us.
Common Reasons We Feel Begin to Feel Weary:
- Lack of patience and trust in God.
- Self-sufficient attitude, thinking we have to do it all on our own.
- Accept Your Human Limitations– Remember that we are limited human beings who need physical rest. Make sure you are taking care of your body and recharging on a human level. Do not put your own health and well-being at risk for the sake of getting everything done.
- Do Your Best in a Day and Leave the Rest to God– Focus on the tasks, projects and goals of the day and entrust the future tasks to God.
- Find Time For Mental prayer– Put your roots deep in prayer, make time to pray every day and let Christ fill you with his peace. Make sure you rest in his love.
- Perform Acts of Trust- Make a list of all the things that you are worried about and intentionally entrust them to God out loud.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Pocket Guide to Adoration
- As parishes plan for the fall, Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Michael is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
Dave is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.