It is easy to get worn out when you work for the Kingdom of God. Today, Dave VanVickle shares a word of encouragement for all who feel weary and tired laboring for the Lord. Dave gives us practical advice to find rest when evangelization gets hard and tiring.
Snippet from the Show
When you feel overwhelmed by the weight of sin in the world, root yourself deeply in the peace of Christ and let him give you rest.
Working for the Kingdom of God can be challenging and exhausting at times. It’s important to identify the reasons behind our exhaustion and find rest in Christ in order to keep journeying and bringing the Gospel to those around us.
Common Reasons We Feel Begin to Feel Weary:
- Lack of patience and trust in God.
- Self-sufficient attitude, thinking we have to do it all on our own.
- Accept Your Human Limitations– Remember that we are limited human beings who need physical rest. Make sure you are taking care of your body and recharging on a human level. Do not put your own health and well-being at risk for the sake of getting everything done.
- Do Your Best in a Day and Leave the Rest to God– Focus on the tasks, projects and goals of the day and entrust the future tasks to God.
- Find Time For Mental prayer– Put your roots deep in prayer, make time to pray every day and let Christ fill you with his peace. Make sure you rest in his love.
- Perform Acts of Trust- Make a list of all the things that you are worried about and intentionally entrust them to God out loud.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Text “EKSB” to 33-777 to subscribe and be added to Gomer and Dave’s email list
- Pocket Guide to Adoration
- As parishes plan for the fall, Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael spent 17 years in full-time parish ministry and is now the Mission Evangelist for That Man Is You!, a men’s apostolate for Paradisus Dei. Michael is a frequent speaker at conferences, retreats, and parish missions all over the US and Canada.
He is the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and hosts two popular Catholic podcasts: Catching Foxes and Every Knee Shall Bow.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and has four beautiful and hilarious children: Kateri, Cecilia, Noah, and Thomas.
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
He is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave married his late wife Amber in 2010. He now resides in Pittsburgh with his five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.