2020 has been a challenging year for all of us. In the midst of the uncertainty and chaos of this year, there are still valuable lessons we can learn from our experience. Today, I reflect on 5 things that I have learned this year.
Snippet from the Show
“If we don’t confront evil with the power of the Gospel, then we’re in big trouble.”
- Nothing is sound, nothing can be taken for granted. However, we don’t have to live in a state of anxiety or terror because in Christ we find our true happiness.
- We tend toward comfort and complacency. 2020 is an opportunity to grow in virtue and penance.
- All things pass away but God never changes.
- If we don’t confront evil with the power of the Gospel, then we will face more issues. We must confront the issues we face with the beauty, truth, and goodness of God.
- Technology can do some things but it can’t do all things.
Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.
– St. Teresa of Avila
Meet Your Host: Colin MacIver
Colin is an enthusiastic transplant to vibrant Louisiana, where he lives with his beautiful wife Aimee and two energetic children, Leo and Zélie. His juggling act involves being a husband, a dad, a teacher, a youth minister, a musician and a national Ascension content creator and trainer.
In his spare time, he eats too many crawfish, savors king cake, plays one-on-one kickball with his son, and tries, for the life of him, to properly load the dishwasher.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.