It can be easy for us to rush into the joy and excitement of Christmas without truly living the Advent season. Dr. Sri offers us three simple and essential ways to prayerfully enter into the season of Advent.
Snippet from the Show
Advent is the season when we patiently wait for the Lord and prayerfully meditate on the great gift of his birth.
The Importance of Prison Ministry
- “Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them; and those who are ill-treated, since you also are in the body” (Hebrews 13:3)
- “I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me” (Matthew 25:35)
- “And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’ ” (Matthew 25:40)
Interested in getting involved in prison ministry? Make sure you don’t go into prison ministry alone. Partner with an existing ministry or organization that can guide and prepare you. Check out Kolbe Prison Ministries!
Finding a Priority in the Spiritual Life
The enemy can easily distract us in our spiritual lives by overwhelming us with a long list of action items. The best way to avoid this temptation is to focus on one goal at a time. What is one thing in your spiritual life that you can grow in?
3 Simple Advent Essentials
Advent is a penitential season, it’s an opportunity to make space for the great gift of Christ by fasting and making small sacrifices. When we make sacrifices with love, we also learn to be detached from the things of this world so we can be more united to Christ.
Spend more time with Jesus in prayer, in Scripture, and in the sacraments. Advent offer us a unique time to deepen our relationship with our Savior and enkindle the love in our hearts for him. Strive to go the extra mile in your relationship with Jesus. Stop by the adoration chapel, attend daily mass, spend more time with Scripture, do a decade of a Rosary before a meal, read a spiritual book, or simply be more intentional about meeting Jesus in the present moment.
3. Get to Confession
Make sure you get to confession this advent. Through confession, we are freed of the sins and shame that weigh us down so we can peacefully and joyfully welcome Jesus into our lives.
This Advent, put yourself in that ancient Jewish world. Containing an entry for each day of Advent and continuing through the Christmas season, Dr. Sri will help you to discover spiritual treasures in the Gospels and gain a new understanding of the coming of Christ.
- Visit Dr. Sri’s website at www.edwardsri.com and to book online events with Dr. Sri email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more of Dr. Sri’s episodes at www.ascensionpress.com/allthingscatholic
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to www.ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings
Dr. Edward Sri is a theologian, well-known Catholic speaker, and author of several best-selling books. His work with Ascension includes study programs such as A Biblical Walk Through the Mass, No Greater Love: A Biblical Walk Through Christ’s Passion and Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother. Several of Dr. Sri’s programs were filmed on-site in the Holy Land, and feature immersive video explorations of the sacred sites where Jesus, Mary, and the Apostles lived and died.
Dr. Sri is the host of the acclaimed Ascension podcast All Things Catholic with Dr. Edward Sri. Together with Curtis Martin, Dr. Sri is a founding leader of the Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS), of which he serves as senior vice president of Apostolic Outreach.
Dr. Sri lives with his wife Beth and their children in Colorado.