Do you find making a good first impression to be awkward? Have you ever tried to say something inspiring but ended up saying the wrong things? Is the mere thought of evangelization too nerve-racking to even contemplate?
Welcome to the Every Knee Shall Bow podcast where hosts Michael Gormley and Dave VanVickle discuss ways you can bring God’s kingdom to earth, so his will may be done as it is in heaven. Every week they will answer questions, explain Catholic teachings, and give you five practical takeaways, all centering around bringing people to Jesus Christ. Today, Mike and Dave explain what Season One is all about—being unashamed of the gospel. The world desperately needs the love of God, and who else will bring it to them except you?
Snippet from the Show:
If we are in Christ, then we know that people are not projects. What we want for them is what we have for ourselves.
5 Practical Evangelization Takeaways!
- Pick a person in your life who needs to know the Lord. Start praying for that person by name everyday to accept the Lord into their life. This is called intercessory prayer. (See 8:59 in the podcast)
- It’s not enough to just want someone to convert. Pray for yourself, for God to make an opportunity for you to evangelize. (See 11:23 in the podcast)
- Take some time every day this week and reflect on the change in your life that started your relationship with Jesus Christ. How did Jesus change you? What difference did a relationship with Jesus create in my life? This is your testimony. (See 12:27 in the podcast)
- Being in Christ is what changes your life. As you grow in holiness, you are actually growing in conformity to who Jesus Christ is. When you sit down to pray, open your Bible to Ephesians Chapter 1. Make note of every time St. Paul mentions abiding in Jesus (in him, in Christ, in the Beloved, etc…). (See 14:09 in the podcast.)
- Go out and evangelize. Share God’s love with another person. You could sit and take evangelization classes for the next ten years, but the only thing that makes you ready to go evangelize is actually getting out there. (See 15:55 in the podcast.)
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Michael is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
David “Dave” VanVickle
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
Dave is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.