Matt Fradd announces his new book and shares insightful quotes from two saints (and a bishop) on the Rosary—St. Josemaria Escriva, Bishop Hugh Doyle, and St. Louis de Montfort—and talks about how these quotes highlight the Rosary’s spiritual qualities:
- “Say the holy Rosary. Blessed be that monotony of Hail Mary’s which purifies the monotony of your sins.” —St. Josemaria Escriva
- “No one can live continually in sin and continue to say the Rosary. Either he will give up sin or he will give up the holy Rosary.”—Bishop Hugh Doyle
- “The Rosary is said not with lips alone, muttering Hail Mary’s after the other. That is the way over pious old men and women rattle them off. For a Christian, vocal prayer must spring from the heart, so that while the Rosary is said the mind can enter into contemplation of each one of the mysteries.” —St. Josemaria Escriva
- “Satan fears Mary not only more than angels and men, but more than God himself. This does not mean that the anger, hatred, and power of God are not infinitely greater than the Blessed Virgin’s, since her attributes are limited. It simply means that Satan, being so proud, suffers infinitely more in being vanquished and punished by a lowly and humble servant of God; for her humility humiliates him more than the power of God. ” —St. Louis de Montfort
- “You always leave the Rosary for later, and you end up not saying it at all because you are sleepy. If there is no other time, say it in the street where nobody else will notice it. It will moreover help you have the presence of God.” —St. Louis de Montfort
To help Catholics enter into the mysteries of the Rosary, Matt Fradd has written a guide! A Pocket Guide to the Rosary is a small book that will have a big impact on your prayer life and improve your ability to pray what St. Padre Pio called “the weapon of our times”. Preorder it here!
MORE FROM ASCENSION: