During his time as a firefighter, Bobby learned some things that have helped him, and can help us in the spiritual life:
- Don’t ever turn your back to a fire. Satan is waiting for us to expose any vulnerability.
- Pay attention to detail. Not paying attention to venial sins could add up to big problems.
- Respect is earned, not given. If you’re a leader, carry the load of others.
- Do the work that needs to be done. Assume you won’t be recognized for what you do. Humility is the beginning of all virtue.
- No man is an island. A team of firefighters puts out fires. A community of believers strengthens us in our times of weakness.
Pray for us, St. Florian, patron of firefighters.
Meet Jackie and Bobby Angel
Jackie Francois Angel is a full-time worship leader and speaker. Bobby Angel is a campus minister and theology teacher at a Catholic high school. Married in 2013, they have three beautiful children and strive to grow in holiness each day!