Jackie and Bobby give seven reasons why Christians are pro-life, and they are all rooted in scripture.
- Genesis 1:27 – “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.”
- Exodus 20:13 – “You shall not kill.”
- Psalm 139 – “For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise thee, for thou art fearful and wonderful. Wonderful are thy works! Thou knowest me right well; my frame was not hidden from thee, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth. Thy eyes beheld my unformed substance; in thy book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me…”
- Jeremiah 1:4-5 – “Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.’”
- Luke 1:41-42 – “And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and she exclaimed with a loud cry, ‘Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!’”
- John 10:10 – “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
- 1 Corinthians 6 – “The body is not meant for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body … Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”
Abortion is an emotionally charged issue, but if you’ve had an abortion, or helped someone procure an abortion, know that there is no sin that God cannot forgive.
Meet Jackie and Bobby Angel
Jackie Francois Angel is a full-time worship leader and speaker. Bobby Angel is a campus minister and theology teacher at a Catholic high school. Married in 2013, they have three beautiful children and strive to grow in holiness each day!