In this month of May, dedicated to mothers, we wanted to talk about our Lady, our Mother Mary. In this episode we chat about the calling of all women to spiritual motherhood and how we relate to Mary as our mother. We also discuss how Mary can be a powerful model for us of openness to the will of God and filling of the Holy Spirit and how she can assist us in our journey closer to Jesus.
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam’s One Thing – Art “Mary and Eve by Sr. Grace Remington, 2013”
- Michelle’s One Thing – Love Good Culture
- Heather’s One Thing – Fish Taco’s (defrost frozen Mahi Mahi from Costco, sprinkle with Montreal Chicken spice (or whatever you have) and grill for a few minutes each side until it flakes. Serve with a buffet of chopped cilantro, black beans, tortilla chips, salsa, grated cheese, sliced lime, jasmine rice, and soft tortillas) YUM!
- Who is Mary in your life?
- Mary has various titles such as Refuge of Sinners, Star of the Sea, Blessed Mother. What is your favorite title for Mary? Why?
- Have you had anyone in your life that you’ve experienced as a spiritual mother or who you have been a spiritual mother to?
- How could you grow in your relationship with Mary this month?
- How can you follow the model of Mary in openness to the Holy Spirit?
- What can Mary show you about what it means to be a woman?
Quote to Ponder:
“Mary, she existed in the divine mind as an eternal thought before there were any mothers. She is the mother of mothers she is the world’s first love” -Fulton Sheen
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email: email@example.com.