“For it is written, ‘As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God.'”
Ever tried to share your faith with someone but couldn’t find the words? Every Knee Shall Bow is the podcast for you.
Lay Catholic evangelists Michael Gormley and Dave VanVickle have gone through those awkward evangelizing encounters so that you don’t have to.
Q: What do you get when you cross a Jehovah’s Witness with a Catholic?
A: Someone who knocks on your door and says nothing.
-Hector Molina at Catholic Answers
Catholics are legendary for being pretty tight-lipped when it comes to evangelization. But the Catholic faith is awesome, and so are lay evangelists Mike and Dave. As podcast hosts of Every Knee Shall Bow, they are a match made in heaven (literally).
Their new podcast series will give you the tools to confidently share your Catholic faith with your family members, friends, co-workers, and the strangers forced to sit next to you on airplanes.
Sign up to receive updates and be the first to hear the intro episode of Every Knee Shall Bow.
Every episode, Mike and Dave will give you five steps you can take each week to spread the Gospel, heal hearts, and renew the Church.
In the intro episode of Every Knee Shall Bow (to be released next week), you’ll hear:
- Why average Catholics with normal jobs are in a better position to evangelize than Catholic speakers or professional evangelists
- Two things you can do to begin evangelizing before you even speak to someone.
- How prayer and evangelization go hand in hand.
- How to maintain the kind of relationship with Christ that will make you an effective evangelizer.
Future episodes of Every Knee Shall Bow will cover topics like:
- How to introduce a non-Christian to the most central parts of the Catholic faith
- How to explain why you’re still Catholic despite the Church’s scandals
- How to pray out loud with someone who is struggling with the loss of a family member, a terminal illness, job loss, or other difficult life event
- How to initiate conversations about difficult topics and connect them to the Catholic faith.
- When to engage in apologetics and when to avoid an apologetics approach
- How to invite people to accept Christ as Lord of their lives in an authentically Catholic way
- Ways the Holy Spirit acts to transform lives and work miracles
- What encyclicals and saints say about our baptismal call to evangelize
Sure, your foray into evangelizing will be awkward, and messy, and probably embarrassing at times. But it will also be filled with grace, and hope, and beauty. So, tune in next week to Every Knee Shall Bow. Be inspired by stories of miraculous conversions and commiserate with us about the times it didn’t go so well.
Sign up here to receive updates and be the first to hear the new episode.
Meet Your Hosts
Michael “Gomer” Gormley
Michael has been leading evangelization and ministry efforts for the past ten years, both as a full-time parish staff member and as a speaker and consultant for parishes, dioceses, and Catholic campus ministries.
Michael is also the founder and creative director of LayEvangelist.com, and the producer and cohost of a Catholic young adult podcast Catching Foxes, which discusses the collision of Faith and Culture.
He is married to his college sweetheart, Shannon, and they have about 1,000 children and get about 3 hours of sleep a night, which is alright by him.
David “Dave” VanVickle
Dave VanVickle fell in love with the Lord at the age of fourteen and has since dedicated his life to bringing others into a radical relationship with Christ.
Dave is a speaker and retreat leader who focuses on proclaiming the universal call to holiness, authentic Catholic spirituality, spiritual warfare and deliverance. Additionally, Dave has over ten years of experience assisting Priests with their ministries of exorcism and deliverance.
Dave resides in Pittsburgh with his wife Amber and their five children: Sam, Max, Judah, Josie and Louisa.