If you’d like to join us for our next study, it starts May 28th – “Gaudete Et Exsultate – On the Call to Holiness in Today’s World” by Pope Francis. If you’d like to read it, you can find it at your local Catholic book store or order it on Amazon
In this episode we talk about how to thrive during the summer, when we aren’t in our normal schedules. We chat about some strategies to continue growing in our relationship with God and flourish in whatever situation we are in. We focus on the categories of rest, play, prayer, connection, beauty, self care, and community. We hope you enjoy this conversation.
If you’d like to host a coffee time, lunch, or dinner with a few women, here are some questions to put on the table to spark some good conversation.
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam’s One Thing – “Awakening Love: An Ignatian Retreat with the Song of Songs”
- Michelle’s One Thing – The Royal Wedding sermon
- Michelle’s Other One Thing – Steph Curry’s momma correcting him for using bad language at a game 🙂
- Heather’s One Thing – “Where You Are” by Bethel and “Pieces” by Bethel
- How can I more deeply connect with the people God has entrusted to me and with the Lord this summer?
- What is most important to me to have as foundations that will rightly order the rest of my day?
- How does God want you to play this summer in ways that feed your heart and allow you to receive His joy?
- How can you cultivate the discipline of pausing for beauty and holy wonder?
- What is my spiritual plan this summer?
- Where am i growing with the Lord?
- What does it look like for me to have ongoing fellowship with the Holy Spirit?
- What do I need to do for self care this summer?
Quote to Ponder:
“Vacation time offers the unique opportunity to pause before the thought-provoking spectacles of nature, a wonderful ‘book’ within reach of everyone, adults and children. In contact with nature, a person rediscovers his correct dimension, rediscovers himself as a creature, small but at the same time unique with a ‘capacity for God’ because interiorly he is open to the infinite”- Pope Benedict XVI
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email: email@example.com.