In this episode we talk about the quote “Beauty will Save the World” by Dostoevsky. We discuss how true beauty leads you outside of yourself to humanity and to the Divine Creator, whereas the counterfeits lead us away. We address how paying attention to our life allows us to experience epiphanies of beauty.
One Thing We Love This Week:
- Sr. Miriam’s One Thing – Don’t Believe the Lie, Bill Johnson
- Michelle Benzinger’s One Thing – Examen Journal
- Michelle Benzinger’s Other One Thing – CreatingToLove.com
- Heather Khym’s One Thing – Nurses and doctors who offer care for people in need. You rock!
- Heather Khym’s Other One Thing – Bring Him Home by the Canadian Tenors
- What is one way that you commonly experience the beauty of God?
- How can we call beauty out in other people?
- What are the beauty counterfeits that have affected your life in a negative way?
- How can I co-create with the Holy Spirit to bring beauty into the world?
- What am I consuming in my world? Is it true beauty of not?
- When and how can I create space/pause to encounter beauty?
Quotes to Ponder
“We do not want merely to see beauty… we want something else which can hardly be put into words- to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it.”- CS Lewis
“Deep in his heart, every man longs for a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue.” ― John Eldredge, Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man’s Soul
Meet Your Hosts
Abiding Together is a weekly podcast hosted by Michelle Benzinger, Sr. Miriam James Heidland, and Heather Khym.
If you would like to contact the ladies of Abiding Together, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.