Inspired by Marie Kondo’s book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, I’ve been thinking about different areas in my life to declutter. It’s not just my home that is in need of tidying, but also my digital space, and (most importantly) my spiritual space.
To that end, I’m issuing a decluttering challenge for these three spaces—Marie Kondo style. Listen in to hear the challenges and change your life!
Have feedback or an idea to share? I would love to hear from you!
Snippet from the Show
There are ways that clutter builds up in our hearts and minds. Spiritually speaking, we carry around a lot of clutter that can weigh us down.
1. Declutter your living space
I’ve been working on decluttering my home, and I want to encourage you to do the same. Remember Marie’s rule: if it doesn’t spark joy, then get rid of it.
Challenge #1 – Deep clean a space in your home you have been putting off or avoiding.
Challenge #2 – Deep clean a storage space in your home.
2. Declutter your digital space.
Maybe you don’t often think about the ways in which your digital spaces clutter your life, but this week I want to challenge you to think about this.
Challenge #1 – Track your screen time on your phone.
Challenge #2 – Clean up the home screen on your phone and/or laptop to make it cleaner and more useful.
3. Declutter your spiritual space.
What is weighing you down spiritually? What can you do to let go of the burden?
Challenge #1 – Go to confession!
Challenge #2 – Forgive someone, or ask for forgiveness.
- Link to the Litany of Trust (you can now order prayer cards!)
- The Purpose Show Podcast
- Marie Kondo’s Book
- Join our all-new Girlfriends Podcast Facebook group!
- I am beginning work to record an audio version of my newest book, You Are Enough: What Women of the Bible Teach You About Your Mission and Worth. More to come!
- Get ten percent off my book when you purchase from Ascension by using the code, GIRLFRIENDS
- Saturday, February 23, 2019: You’re Worth It! Retreat at Catholic Church of Saint Mark, Virginia Beach, VA
- March 20-24, 2019, LA Religious Education Congress
- Saturday, April 27, 2019: Together in Holiness Marriage Conference in San Antonio, TX
- Saturday, May 11, 2019: You Are Enough Retreat at Light of the World Roman Catholic Church, Littleton, CO
- Would you like to have me come to your community to speak or give my retreat, You Are Enough, based on the themes in my newest book? Get all the information here!
- Subscribe to Girlfriends in iTunes
- Subscribe to Girlfriends in Stitcher
- Rate and Review Girlfriends in iTunes
You can now offer ongoing support for this content with a recurring gift.