It can be tempting to lose hope and optimism in a chaotic and divisive world. Today, Jeff offers us 10 practical ways to ignite our optimism and keep our gaze fixed on the victory of Jesus Christ.
Snippet from the Show
In dark times, let us keep our gaze fixed on the victory of Jesus Christ who has already won the battle and sits on the throne of glory.
1. Put your hope in God, not cures or politics.
“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people.”- Ephesians 1:18
2. God has a plan
God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness, freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life--CC1
3. Act like Jesus is real.
4. Establish a prayer life.
5. Read the Bible– Look for God’s faithfulness in the Bible. I suggest reading 4 chapters a day using the Bible Timeline system.
6. Remember that Jesus is on the throne.
“The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.”-Revelation 3:21
7. Receive the Eucharist as food for your soul.
“ Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”- John 6:47-51
8. Remember that your strength comes from Jesus.
“ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”- Philippians 4:13
9. Encourage one person a day.
10. Pray for our leaders in the Church and our politicians.
“ First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”- 1 Timothy 2:1-5
“ Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?”- 2 Chronicles 1:1
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text “jeffcavins” to 33-777 to subscribe and get added to Jeff’s shownotes email list.
- Visit Jeff’s website www.jeffcavins.com
- Young Adult Pilgrimage to the Holy Land 2021
- The Great Adventure Bible
- You Are Enough by Danielle Bean
- Ascension is pleased to offer our new and improved online bible study programs and sacramental preparation programs digitally to help you minister with flexibility. Go to ascensionpress.com to view all our offerings!
Meet Your Host: Jeff Cavins
Jeff Cavins is passionate about helping people understand Scripture and become disciples of Jesus Christ. Though he was born Catholic, Jeff went to Bible school and served as a protestant minister for twelve years before reverting to the Catholic Faith. Jeff then received his MA in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Since then, he has become a leading Catholic evangelist and author.
Jeff created The Bible Timeline learning system, which revolutionized Catholic Bible Study for millions of Catholics. Since its introduction, Jeff has developed The Great Adventure series of Bible studies to help people better understand Sacred Scripture and its meaning for their lives.